The concept of aging slower is understandably appealing to many people. After all, you would want to see the shock on people’s faces because you look younger than you are. Because of this need, many manufacturers have created their own blends of ingredients that help you defy the aging process – including the people behind SeroVital ADVANCED capsules.
However good this sounds, does it actually work? Is it worth your money and investment? In this article, we examine this product and see whether it is a justifiable pick, along with its pros and cons.
First, what is SeroVital ADVANCED about?
The capsules contain a hormone known as hGH or human growth hormone, which is naturally produced by the pituitary gland but decreases as you grow older. This hormone plays an important role in metabolism, cell repair, body composition, and growth.
The capsules themselves contain the hormone as well as an Asian herb and amino acids, and the company claims that they help to boost the production of hGH in the body.
How does it work?
The combination is in two parts – evening and morning blends. The evening blend has more amino acids that boost the levels of hGH, while the morning blend has a more ‘Smart Release Technology’ approach that features more ingredients such as cumin extracts and olive leaves.
The active components help the body to boost its production of hGH by up to 682% after taking a single supplement. The levels of hGH are also directly affected by the levels of fat in your body. The higher your body fat percentage is, the less hGH the brain produces, and the opposite is true. This is why one of the effects of this product is weight loss, as the body produces higher hGH levels when you lose weight.
It is also important to know that the levels of the hormone increase during sleep and exercise, and higher amounts are present at night. Your brain also produces less of it as you grow older.
The manufacturer also offers anti-aging creams and wrinkle serums, in addition to SeroVital in form of a powder and liquid.
The active ingredients in the combination include the Asian herb, as well as five amino acids. They are:
- L-Arginine HCL
- L-Lysine HCL
- Japanese Catnip (the herb)
The first five on the list are all essential amino acids – ones that the body needs, but it cannot produce them so it has to get them from external sources. While they can increase the levels of hGH, this is only in the short-term. The herb, on the other hand, is a medicinal plant that grows in Japan, Korea and China, and it is proven to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as treating allergic skin reactions.
Other ingredients include:
- Stearic acid, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin – these are for binding the ingredients together.
- Canurin silver fine, titanium dioxide, Yellow No.6 and 5 – for purposes of coloring.
- Potassium sorbate, artificial and natural flavors, sodium benzoate and purified water – to preserve freshness
- Wild mint – this is a popular plant used in herbal medicine, and the NIH (National Institute of Health) points to the benefits it has on the nervous, gastrointestinal and antimicrobial systems through its active ingredient, menthol.
- Olive leaves – the plant has been in use for centuries, thanks to its ability to treat respiratory illness, diabetes, stomach issues, diarrhea and hypertension, and many more.
- Cumin seeds – these are mainly used as a food additive and help in reducing salinity stresses. It is also a source of important fatty acids and phenolic compounds.
The science behind it
According to clinical research trials that were done on the product and its effects on human health, there were improvements in the skin elasticity and hydration, energy levels, skin smoothness, sleep patterns and even barrier functionality. All these resulted from improved supply of the hormone in the body.
While the benefits are reported to be numerous, and they can be observed in both women and men, it is not clear how the supplement will help you lose weight by reducing body fat – that is still something under investigation. However, it is thought that the amino acids present in the ingredients help in easier formation of lean muscle mass, although there are no conclusive study results on the issue.
Who can use the supplement?
It can help any individual once you begin taking it, since the hormone will naturally decline as you grow older. The clinical trials have also been done on various individuals, starting from 18, while the maximum age range is about 70 years. As long as you are a healthy adult and want the benefit of looking younger, you can use it.
Possible side effects
The product does not have many side effects, as it is not a synthetic injection method. Regardless of that, some users have reported certain effects that include:
- Swelling of feet and hands
- Achy joints
It is difficult to establish what long term use of the product leads to, but some of the ingredients can worsen your body condition. Therefore, it is important to talk to your doctor before deciding to take the supplement. In addition, it must be kept away from anyone under the age of 18 years old.
There are certain cases when you should never take the supplement without the go-ahead from your doctor though. These are:
- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- If you are taking medication for blood pressure, regardless of whether it is low or high
- At least two weeks before heading into a surgery
- If you have suffered from cancer before or had problems with your liver
- If you are taking prescription drugs for a certain condition
- Safe supplement to improve anti-aging
- Increases energy levels and improves burning of body fat
- When you take it on an empty stomach, the results are more effective
- Clinical research is not extensive
When you decide to use this product, keep in mind it may not work for you, as is the case with all anti-aging supplements. Therefore, you need to do your own thorough research and ask your doctor before making any decisions to take it.
Be the first to leave a review.